Cold Process Soap Making 102
Learn the traditional way to make your own soap from scratch with the master soap maker and owner of Jade Soap Shop, Jenny Ho.
At this workshop we will focus on "Layered soap".
We strongly suggest you attend our "Cold Process Soap Making 101" workshop if you have never made cold process soap before.
What you need to know about the workshop/ class:
- The materials we use to make the soap are all natural and you will bring home a loaf of soap about 2 lb.
- The fee includes all of the materials and the usage of the tools. (You'll need to bring a towel to hold and keep your creation warm though)
- Safety equipments, such as aprons, safety goggles, masks and gloves will be provided. We will be working with a chemical called "Sodium hydroxide (lye) " (Lye is used in the saponification process to turn oil into soap - no sodium hydroxide remains in the finished product.)
- THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR ADULTS ONLY and it requires your full attention while making the cold process soap.
- If you're high school students and would like to attend, you'd need to provide the approval by your parent or guardian.
- No pets allowed in the workshop for safety's sake.
Your fee options:
- Bring your own load mold of capacity at least 2 lb and the depth 2 inches or more $69
- with a silicone soap mold in a wood box $79
Registration and Cancellation Policy (Must Read):
- In order to receive a refund, cancellation notice must be sent at least 48 hours before the workshop.
- Cancellation within 24~48 hours before the workshop will be issued a workshop credit for the next available session in 6 months.
- Cancellation less than 24 hours before the workshop will not be issued any refund nor credit under any circumstances.